Since 1947, the Columbus Day Parade his drawn attention to the contributions of Italian-Americans in the United States and southeastern New England.
Information for Marchers
Parade Kick-Off: 1:10 pm, Sunday, October 8, from the corner of Tower and Granite Streets.
In the event of inclement weather please check our website regularly: www.columbusdayparade.net.
The Rain Date is Monday, October 9, 2017 at 1:10pm.
DIVISIONS to report to Narragansett & Ward Avenue: / Report Time: 11:00 am — Booth A
- Columbus Day Parade Committee
- Town of Westerly
- Town of Stonington
- Divisions 1-5
DIVISIONS to report to Narragansett & Bellevue Avenue / Report Time: 11:30 am — Booth B
- Division 6 – 7
DIVISIONS to report to Narragansett & Top Street / Report Time: 12:00 pm — Booth C
- Division 8 – 10
The following Parade Divisions do NOT rotate from Front to Back
- Division – Columbus Day Committee
- Division – Governor’s Division
- Division – Town of Westerly
- Division – Town of Stonington
All other Divisions will rotate one division back each year until they reach Division 10 and then come back to Division 1.
All Groups are placed in Divsions randomly and if special requirements are needed they must be noted on the reservation form.
Please review these specific rules for marching units:
* In the event of inclement weather please check our website regularly www.columbusdayparade.net The parade committee will try to make the decision to delay the parade the night before. The Rain Date is Monday, October 9, 2017 at 1:10pm.
* Please limit your distribution or fundraising materials by any car/group/float entry. No objects of any kind may be thrown or sprayed at spectators.
* The Division Marshal will contact the Parade Chairman to review any signs/banners/or floats that they believe should not be displayed during the parade.
* No political pamphlets/buttons should be distributed by Elected Officials or Candidates of any office.
* ONLY affiliated individuals of the entry may participate with any car/group/float.
* Bands should enter the Westerly High School Football field by way of Granite and Vose Street. * Bands and Units can be picked up at the end of the parade at Central Baptist Church which is located approximately 200 yards from the finish of the Parade on Elm Street.
* It is mandatory that all groups, organizations, floats or vehicles enter at the Parade Entrance Booths on Narragansett Avenue only! The Westerly Lions will assist you with getting to the appropriate location.
* Upon arrival at your Entrance Booth, please identify yourself to the Westely Lions Club, then proceed to your Division to meet your Division Marshal.
* All Elected Officials will be assigned a position in the Parade line-up. All Candidates for elective office must march at the end of Division 8 or at the end of Division 9
* Drivers of floats, vehicles and displays should review their units for safety. Please check all equipment throughout the parade route.
* All marchers are reminded to remain in formation throughout the parade.
* Please keep 150 feet between divisions and behind your Division Marshal.
* In the event first-aid is required, contact your Division Marshal. They will respond immediately.
* Anonymous judges will judge entries prior to the start of the parade in the following categories: Best Theme, Most Original and Most Colorful
* A parade reception (for parade participants ONLY) will be held at the Calabrese Club, Pleasant Street, Westerly, at 3:30 pm following the parade.
Reserve Your 2018 Spot Now!
There’s still plenty of time to reserve a spot in the 2018 Westerly-Pawcatuck Columbus Day Parade! Why wait! Click the button below to get started.